I'm on a mission to achieve as many goals as I can before 2016 (take a look at my post '17 before 2017') and I'm already planning ahead for 2017 (with 'Your Best Year 2017' by Lisa Jacobs). Therefore, I'm always looking for ways, formulas and techiniques that will bring me closer to my dreams. While I was reading Edwene Gaines' book 'The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity', I came across her 10-step formula for successful achievement, that I'd like to share with you today.
Those 10 Steps are as follows:
- In a notebook dedicated to your goal setting programme, write down all of your desires, no matter how large or small.
- Choose your most important desires and list them in order of importance to you. Be very specific.
- Consider what changes you might need to make in order to achieve your goals.
- Choose the date by which you desire to achieve each goal.
- Read your list of goals at least three times every morning and every night.
- Imagine yourself achieving each goal.
- Act as if you have already achieved your goals. Believe that you receive.
- Don't tell others. Keep your goals private.
- Cross off the goals as they are achieved and continue to add new ones.
- Remember, the Universe's highest law is LOVE.
I had some issues with #8 of the list. For me it's important to share your goals and dreams with your family, friends and the people you love. But that's exactly what Edwene Gaines means. She mentions that you can share your goals with people that you can trust and who are going to encourage and support you. But you should not tell the people that might judge you, discourage you and make you doubt yourself.
'Desire is the onward impulse of the ever evolving soul.'
Even though I've heard or read all of the above at some point in my life, putting everything in a list with strategic steps makes it easier for me to take action. And even though I've been writing my goals and I tried to visualise them from time to time, I've just left it at that and expected things to just happen! Well not any more! Now I'm planning for the future taking conscious and deliberate steps towards my goals.
What is your winning formula for achieving your goals? Have you tried any of the above?